Sunday, June 21, 2015

WORK IN PROGRESS: Empress June 21, 2015

I was inspired by the first wedding anniversary of my daughter and her husband to paint Kilimanjaro - the Olympus that rises over the Serengeti.  Unfortunately, Google tells me that this reference is (mostly) geographically impossible unless one is in the air.  Ah, but it makes for a great song!

She's the double volcano in the background.  The trees in the front are merely trunks for now - leaves, etc. to be added later.

Yes, I am painting again - or so it seems.  I have created three other grounds that are waiting nearby- and also, done another collage / painting of the Taj Mahal - which I may or may not post depending on whether or not I  continue in this vein.

So, without further ado ~

EMPRESS
Acrylic on Hardboard
No idea of size - didn't measure (will at some point, maybe)
WIProgress as of June 21, 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment